Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Free Post 1

I had not been much aware of the election system in Hong Kong until the discuss about universal suffrage started. I have been thinking about the topic recently, and I think it is fair to say that universal suffrage is what most of us desired. The government are set up to maintain a higher living standard of the public. It is set up for the sake of the public. Therefore being a part of public we should have the rights to choose who to lead our government, to lead our society and to lead us. I am not familiar to the political system, but I surely think that HK should have universal suffrage. Although the functional constituency may make better decision for the groups they represents, functional constituency does not represent the whole society. They may consider their own wellness over the actual needs of the society. Therefore I believe universal suffrage will help us express our desires to the government and it will definitely represent our own needs.

No comments: